Thursday, January 8, 2015

In My Studio- Using up Scraps




After a busy holiday season January is the perfect time for me to have a big sort out of my supplies. One area that threatens to take over is my remnant stash, one scrap of fabric seems to multiple overnight and becomes an overflowing colorful hoard.
Each small scrap seems so precious to me, knowing its origins and its possibilities. I endeavor to try and use up all my scraps not only because I love all of these fabrics and can't bare to throw them away but in an effort to save money, to do a small bit for the environment and because I want to breath new life into these redundant offspring.
January seems like a perfect month to use up the scraps, maximize my existing supplies, organize my remnant stash and get creative with the possibilities.
Here are some ideas for projects to get crafty with your own scraps:
Butterfly Hair Barrettes


Monster Tooth Fairy Pillows



Flower Brooches

Flower Birthday Cards


Heart decorations


"I'm a little bit of a fabric lunatic" John Malkovich


Good Luck and Good Making!


Sarah Omura