Monday, January 21, 2013

Keeping Track Of Etsy Expenses With Outright


For a few years I've been devoted to my many Excel spreadsheets to keep track of money coming in and going out of my business.  Without fail, I always miss SOMETHING and I'm scrambling come tax time.   I tried software programs like Quicken and I just couldn't get it right.  I thought I was stuck with my 15 spreadsheet system until I learned about Outright.com and wanted to share this treasure with everyone.
Outright is all about helping small businesses succeed. They know that a lot of us dread dealing with the books so they're here to help.  Outright is a super easy application to setup and nothing needs to be installed in to your computer.  You just plug in your info and you'll be linked to all of your business accounts.  You'll soon be keeping track of all your Etsy sales, shipping costs, fees, coupon deductions and more.


I got a head start on prepping my expense reports and was able to generate reports based on Etsy Transaction fees, Etsy Renew fees, Search Ads, supplies purchased, PayPal fees and much more.  I can't tell you how excited I was to see everything so neatly on paper!

The best part about all of this is that it's FREE! No kidding! They also offer Outright Plus at $9.95 per month and get additional features but so far I think I'm doing fine with what's available free but the additional perks may benefits those with a 'bigger' small business.  Outright is a godsend and definitely worth trying out.

If you can make it down to Brooklyn, an expert from Outright will be leading a workshop at Etsy headquarters on Tuesday January 29th: The Lowdown on Taxes for Etsy Sellers

3 comments:

Lisa Walbridge (Merry Alchemy) said...

Thanks Marilyn. This is great news. I am dealing with many spreadsheets, too, and looking for something easy. I'll check it out.

Unknown said...

I am definitely going to check this out--I'm way behind in my bookkeeping. Thanks for sharing this info!

becky nielsen said...

Glad to know about another option! simple is good!