Thursday, June 2, 2011

Member Spotlight - Lilianna Blue


Tell us a little about yourself
My name is Nydia Kehnle I am 28 years old and was born and raised in Rockland County. I have since moved to Harriman with my Husband, daughter and son. My etsy shop is www.etsy.com/shop/liliannablue.

What is your professional background?
I am a stay-at-home mom, photographer (nydiakehnlephotography.com) and a absolute craft junkie. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't have thread all over me or paint and glue all over my hands.

What led you to your current craft?
I think I was inspired by my daughter. She loves fashion and accessories.

How do you feed your creativity?
I am able to feed my creativity all day long. As a SAHM I am able to catch time here and there to work on my jewelry and accessories. In addition to my jewelry and accessories I love to try creating new things... nothing really specific... Just OHHH I WANNA DO THAT.......... I taught myself how to sew and quilt... which I usually do at night to relax.

How do you work deal with a creative block?
I think my husband would agree that I will rarely get a creative block... I may just move onto something else for a while and then come back to it when I am ready. My crafting stuff has just about taken over my house... because I am never willing to put anything into "storage" because... "HEY, I MAY NEED THAT THING."


Describe your work area.
OK don't laugh at me... or do... I have taken over my kids craft table... I literally sit in their tiny chairs hunched over their my table. I have stuff all over the living room in those canvas pull out bins... My sewing machine is stashed on my dresser in my room... but don't be surprised if you trip on your way to the kitchen... when I am working.

Favorite time of day to work?
My favorite time to work is all the time :-) I am non stop playing, experimenting, and crafting... SHHHHHHH I really meant to say... I spend all day cleaning, doing laundry, washing dishes, ohhhh and umm organizing shelves... HAHAHAHA.

How did you end up on Etsy?
I was always obsessed with Etsy. Its so nice to be able to get unique gifts for friends and family AND ME! My sister really convinced me to sell my items.... She has her own shop selling recycled crayons.


Other than your supplies & materials, what do you want with you on a stranded island?
MY KIDS... Although my son may eat all of the food supply in a day. Oh and my hubby... OH and my Camera and computer... OH and my sewing machine...

Any guilty pleasures?
I love a regular soda every once in a while... ohh with ice cream.... yummmm..... BRB going to the ice cream shop :-)

Words of wisdom for aspiring artists?
Mix and match mediums and don't be scared to do something a little different or to try something new.

You can also follow Nydia on her Facebook page.

No comments: