Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Inspiration Wednesday

sundae tones
Design-Seeds.com

I loved this color palette and the inspiration photograph, yum!
I was away for the weekend and packed up a small beading kit to take with me. As I sat on the deck overlooking the beautiful mountains of Upstate NY I created this necklace:


I used tiny barbell shaped glass beads to make the back part of the necklace for the front of the necklace I hand wire wrapped clear and gold fleck vintage lucite beads, glass fire polished beads and a handmade porcelain pendant which I hand wire wrapped to a Vintaj natural brass donut. I wire wrapped a couple glass flowers near the hook clasp for some movement.

potted tones
Design-Seeds

Here are a few items from Hudson Valley Etsy Team members for inspiration:

girls organic cotton skirt - Graphic Print with pockets size 5 to 12 free shipping
betsybdesign

Crochet Pixie Hat - Toddler Pixie Bonnet - Elf Hood - Gnome Hat - Pixie Hood - Elf Hat - Pixie Hat
MyStitchInTime

Make and item or choose materials inspired by the palette and write a blog post about it, post the item for sale, or post the item on your website. Add the link to your blog post, shop or website in the comments next week.
The only rule is that if you use the Design-Seeds palette you must link directly to Design-Seeds.com.
Have fun and I can't wait to see what you make!
Have an Inspired Wednesday!

4 comments:

Debi said...

Very pretty necklace.
I like the newest color palette.

Barbara Lewis said...

Very nice, Shannon! I think the white background is crisp and gives a clean look to your work! Very nice necklace, indeed!

becky nielsen said...

It is a lovely necklace. And I really like the new palette for this coming week!

Lisa Walbridge (Merry Alchemy) said...

Beautiful necklace Shannon. I'm continually amazed and delighted by your work.