Thursday, March 10, 2011

Member Spotlight - Inner Sasa

This week we bring you Alison Ciarlante, aka Sasa from Inner Sasa from Amsterdam, NY and currently lives in Salt Point, NY.

What is your professional background?
I was a membership coordinator at Gold's Gym for 11 years and quit in 2009 to become a full time artist and to spread Peace Rocks.


What led you to your current craft?
I have been painting randomly for years and occasionally selling my art on ebay. Then on 4/1/09 I had a really bad day. So I picked up a rock and painted a peace sign on it and it made me feel good. I gave it to my husband to spread and when he came back, I decided to spread a million Peace Rocks all over the world. So I quit my job and became a full time artist.

How do you feed your creativity?
I like to read inspirational quotes for inspiration. Also, sometimes I get a really nice email from someone saying they found a Peace rock and it inspires me to keep on painting them.

How do you work deal with a creative block?
If I get a creative block, I will look at pictures online or in a magazine and then I get the urge to make sometime or paint something similar.

Describe your work area.
My work area is kind of messy. I have a huge desk with all my paints and paint brushes and that is where I paint. Then I have a desk with my mac computer and printer. Then behind me and on the side are huge shelves loaded with rocks and cards and paintings. Then on the floor in bags, I have rocks that will soon be painted.

Favorite time of day to work?
My favorite time of day to work is from 4pm - 10pm.

How did you end up on Etsy?
My twin sister introduced me to Etsy. She is an artist and loves buying things on etsy. I fell in love with the awesome company.

Other than your supplies & materials, what do you want with you on a stranded island?
I would want my pug dog, cat and tea with me on a stranded island.

Any guilty pleasures?
Dark chocolate, riding scooters and hanging out in coffee shops.

Words of wisdom for aspiring artists?
My words of wisdom: If you are consistant, people will know you are serious and will be drawn to your artwork. If you know what you want, it's only a matter of time until you get it.

Spreading Peace one Peace rock at a time. ~ http://www.sasa-peace-rocks.blogspot.com/ and on Facebook

No comments: