Thursday, April 2, 2015

Spring Cleaning: Feng Shui that Stuff!!!!


During the winter months, my goals each and every year are the same.
Clean up after the mess that gets created, especially in my studio, during the last quarter of the year.
I also like to use this time for creating new art and planning the coming year schedule, just like the rest of you are probably doing.
This year I am going deep...this is a picture of my fabric stash area in the midst of a clean-up. There is progress if you take a look at the shelves in the cabinet. Lots of fabric got donated or listed on EBAY.
After reading this article:
my next step is to go back again and really re-evaluate items.
I am a collector of junk: papers, fabrics, buttons, nature bits and shiny things.....beads, wood, wire.
Always with a idea simmering on the back burner of my mind. But some of theses ideas have been simmering
for too long. Time to focus on my strengths and not on "some day".

According to Tamara Star, who wrote the above article and other articles that link from it, by cleaning out the excess we invite in creativity and prosperity. She recommends going through each room in your home and filling a bag to either donate or throw away. 
Ask three questions:

Do I love it?
Do I use it?
Does it work?

Gearing these three questions to my art and craft will be a challenge. However I hope that by doing so I will open up room for new ideas and creative adventures.

Sue DiGilio

No comments: