Saturday, November 24, 2012

Signposts and Guides for the Creative Life

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person.  Each of us has cause to think with gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."  Albert Schweitzer

In this season that calls us to gratitude, may we give thanks for all those who support us, have supported us on our journeys.  Often we don't even know the people who might offer that spark.  Recently, I was moved to write to someone whose posts I frequently find to be inspirational.  Something she said triggered a memory for me of someone else whom I'd forgotten.  As I look back over my many years and see the path that has zigzagged and swerved, I can see John for the influence he was.  He held a signal lamp that guided me through a rocky time and also planted a shard  of light that I can see has grown.

When we look closely, we start to see so many of these people - stars, fireflies, constellations, galaxies.  So much to be grateful for!

When did you lose your light?  Who helped to reignite it?  Is it different?


No comments: