Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Earth Day

Tomorrow is Earth Day and while we have come a long away being more socially conscious, we still have a ways to go. The members of the Hudson Valley Etsy Team don't need a special date or month in doing our part to help the environment and recycle goods.

Noelle from Moonfire Studio has a fun activity in stored, "My kids and I are making recycled paper for Earth Day. We use my scrapbooking scraps and other acid -free papers and dried leaves and flowers from the garden. We also iron different textures into the paper with lace shapes that I have - butterflies, leaves, etc. We did it last year too and it's alot of fun."

Judy from JSWMetalWorks.etsy.com uses vintage components in some of her pieces like in her Light Blue Vintage Japanese Bead Byzantine Necklace , "I just got a bunch of old jewelry and antique keys that used to belong to my grandmother which I'm planning on incorporating in to my jewelry."

Gwen from Beyond The Picket Fence uses produce from the local markets to make her soap and will only use natural, sustainable ingredients.


Jenny from ReclaimedDesigns mosaics are made with recycled and repurposed items.

Visit tomorrow for an entry by Neely from NellsBelles on her discovery of simplfying and new use for old materials.

No comments: